Monday, January 26, 2015

Owl Post #49


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hey guys and welcome to another Owl Post! I've got some fantastic books to share with you this week, including a bunch I bought from Basement Books--one of my favorite online bargain book stores :)

For Review:
 
From Simon & Schuster:
- Last Call by Alice Clayton
I love, love, LOVE Clayton's Cocktail series and this book is without a doubt the perfect ending. Yes I've already read it and loved it--review to come!
 
..........Thank you Jennifer!
___________________________
 
From HarlequinTEEN Australia: 
 - Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder
Eeeep! There. Are. No. Words. For. How. Excited. I. Am. To. Read. This!!!! The Study series is one of my all time faviourite series with Poison Study the book I'd want if I was stuck on a dererted island and though I was thrilled with how the series ended prior, I CANNOT wait for more Yelena and Valek!
 
......Thank you Miranda!
 
I Bought:
 
Here are my Basement Book bargains......
- Tidal by Amanda Hocking  
- Elegy by Amanda Hocking
I've read the first book two books in Amanda Hocking's The Watersong Quartet but haven't had a chance to get books three and four--now I do and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
 
- Ascend by Amanda Hocking
Annnnd, in saying that I enjoy the Watersong Quartet, I think I need to try Hocking's Trylle series. I own books one and two (not yet read though) so I thought I better get the third book while I was at it from Bargain Books :)
 
- Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
This has been on my TBR list for a while and for $2.99 I could not say no!
 
- Spellcaster by Claudia Gray
I read Claudia Gray's Evernight series and her standalone novel Fateful so I don't know what I haven't gotten a copy of this yet. Better late than never though....
 
- The Shape Stealer by Lee Carroll
More proof I'm a book hoarder; I own the first two books in this series (this is book three!) and though I'm yet to read either, nor am I sure I'd even like the series, I had to get this one for only $2.99. Say it with me; book hoarder, lol!
 
- Original Sin by Allison Brennan
I know there's some mixed reviews out there for this series, but seeing as it was only $2 I figured it was worth taking a chance with :) Maybe I'll get around to it one day......
 
- Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris
I enjoyed the first book in this series Unraveling so I'm happy to have finally gotten a copy of it's sequel---I hope I enjoy it just as much!
 
 
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
I've heard some great things about this series and have wanted to get a copy of this for a while. So when, sucker that I am, I saw this for $5.95 at The Book Depository...I bought it :)
 
- Splintered by A.G. Howard
This book had sounded SO GOOD to me for SO long, I finally decided to snag a copy now that the trilogy is finished. Can't wait to read it....Oh and isn't that cover the prettiest thing you have EVER seen?!?!
 
And that's me! What did you receive this week?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo