Thursday, June 30, 2011

Book Shelf: Turned at Dark (Shadow Falls 0.5) by C.C. Hunter







Independent and strong-willed Della Tsang hadn’t believed in ghosts until she saw her dead cousin darting into the shadows of an alley. She hadn’t believed in vampires until in the dark of that same night she is turned into one. Introduced to a strange world of supernaturals, she struggles to accept this new reality. Unfortunately, the boy she loves senses something different about her and can’t accept her. Should she follow her vampire cousin’s lead–walk away from everything she’s knows and loves—and fake her own death? Or should she set her pride aside and ask for help from the camp leader of Shadow Falls—a camp where supernaturals go to learn how to cope with their powers. Either way, her life as she knows it, will never be the same.

Blurb from Goodreads.....


Review:

This was a quick easy novella. It gives us a glimpse into the Shadow Falls world and Della before we have the events in Born at Midnight. I must say, I think my thoughts and ideas on Della are a bit different after reading this. While she’s still the girl I thought of in Born at Midnight, I think I see her as a bit more normal, more vulnerable. She’s not as tough as she appears and vampire or not, that makes her more human.
This was a fun, slightly sad tale that has me eager for more Shadow Falls more. I’m raring for the 2nd book and I can’t want to see more of Della, Kylie and all the other fabulous characters in this series.

Rating: *** stars
Recommend: If you're reading the series, then yes.
Did I Buy, Borrow or is it an ARC: Downloaded free from Macmillian
Recommend Buy or Borrow: Buy
Ebook or Actual Book: Ebook
Cover: It fits with the look of this series.
Read sequel/continue with series: Yes

Download it FREE here: http://us.macmillan.com/BookCustomPage.aspx?isbn=9780312624675&m_type=4&m_contentid=26021#cmscontent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo