Monday, June 20, 2011

Spring into Summer Read-a-Thon: Saturday Report---on Monday (whoops sorry)



Sorry everyone, I'm a bit late. This post completely slipped my mind.
Alright, so I when I originally signed up for this I had nothing on, but when low and behold, life got busy. I feel bad that I wasn't able to participate in any of the mini challenges or even the updates. I planned to, but then I just didn't have time or access to my laptop.
I only read a little bit too--at the very start of the read-a-thon. This weekend passed I went to SuperNova is Sydney with some friends from TAFE. I'm guessing most of you out there have not idea what that is, but it's sorta the Australian version on ComicCon.
It was pretty good, although I actually didn't spend as much money as I though I would. I'll post pictures sometimes soon.

Anyway, moving on here's my latest (and only) update:


1. Update:
•Total Books Read:
About half of Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade
•Total Pages Read: 128
•Books Read Since Last Update: 0
•Pages Read since last update: 128
•Total time read: 2 hours
•How I'm currently feeling: Guilty. Guilty that I didn't participate as much as I hoped I would.
•Books read: I only managed to get halfway through Queen of the Dead. It's brilliant so far though.




2. What is your favorite book you read during the read-a-thon?
Obviously Queen of the Dead seeing as it's the only one I (partly) read. Totally love this series!

3. Did you participate in any mini-challenges? Which ones?
No. No time and I don't live in the US.

4. Which mini-challenge was your favorite?
The puzzle one looked cool.

5. What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?
Reading I guess

6. Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done? Did you do more than you expected? Less?
Lord, no! I expected to finished AT LEAST a book. Lol. Probably more. But then again, I didn't have the time to participate.

7. What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit?
It did seem like there was a lot of them.

8. If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be?
Nothing really. Perhaps have the updates every 4-5 hours or so.

9. Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not? (Again, I won't cry if you say "no")
Yes. Next time (and hopefully there will be a next time) I'll be able to read and participate more.
10. Any last comments on the read-a-thon?
It was a great idea and a fun thing to have going on!




That's it! The end of the read-a-thon. I hope some of you participated and read up a storm.




~Rachel
xoxo


Note: I didn't link this up because lets face it...I didn't really participate all too much and it wouldn't be fair if I tried to get some kind of prize or notice for this. This is just for my own personal note to say that I DID do something, even if it was only this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo