Sunday, June 19, 2016

Must Read Books!

As bloggers we have the opportunity to read and review some really incredible books. And sometimes that means we come across some self-published or little known novels that we wouldn't have necessarily heard of but absolutely blow our minds!

Today I want to share some of the best series I've had the pleasure of reading. These are books that are MUST reads in my mind that that I can't recommend enough!

Broken Skies series by Theresa Kay
Broken Skies is a sci-fi/dystopian read featuring aliens and is perfect if you're a fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series. The first two books were brilliant and I can't wait for the release of the third!

The Ministry of Curiosities series by C.J. Archer
C.J. Archer has been a machine releasing these novels and though I've only read the first two so far, this series blew me away. Hands down some of the best paranormal historicals I've ever read! Can't recommend enough.

The Last Oracle series by Emily Wibberley
This series is an brilliant fantasy read! Featuring tones of action and a romance to die for, I just love it! Each book is as good as the first if not better and the male lead is one to swoon over for eternity!

Rebel Wing series by Tracy Banghart
OMG! This series is sooooooo good! Fast paced, action packed and with a romance that is beyond brilliant, Rebel Wing is a series you will love from beginning to end. I CANNOT wait until I can read the third and final book. Must read!

Mine series by Janeal Falor
The world within this fantasy series is so incredible. Featuring strong woman in a world where women have no value, Janeal Falor writes brilliant story after brilliant story. I've only had the pleasure of reading the first three books so far, but they were incredible reads.

Flicker series by Kaye Thornbrugh
Flicker introduces readers to a magical world of fae that is perfectly written. The characters are sensational, the writing excellent and there's wonderful chemistry with everyone involved. Perfect for fans of Cassandra Clare, I can't wait for the release of the third book!

Periodic series by Megan Curd
Looking for steampunk? This series is for you! If you want a well developed, exciting and romantic tale with great characters, excellent plot developments and soooo much excitement you won't want to miss these books! Can't wait for the next one!

Worth Mentioning:
Though these books are standalones, the only book released in a series so far, or the only one in a series I've had the chance to read yet, they are SENSATIONAL and I highly recommend!
- Basically ANYTHING by Kelly Oram
The woman is an awesome writer and you won't regret picking up something of hers.
- Soulless by Jacinta Maree.
One of the BEST dystopians I've read in a while. Loved it.
- Dancing In The Athenian Rain by Katie Hamstead
Fantastic historical/time period read!
- The Midnight Sea by Kat Ross
Great new fantasy series.
- The V Girl by Mya Robarts
I'm so proud to have read this book in it's early stages and love it as much now as I did in the beginning!
- Shadow Fire by Kimber Leigh Wheaton
Such a fun fantasy read!
- Ignited by Desni Dantone
Absolutely loved this fantasy read when I first read it--would love to read the rest of the series one day!
 
 
I feel privileged to have read so many of these books. From talented writers, they're sensational reads that give a lot of well known books a run for their money. I can't stress enough how good they are and have no doubt you won't regret picking them up and giving them a go!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow I haven't heard of any of these books, well besides the Broken Skies series. You are so right, sometimes we get to discover little known books that are just gems! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words can properly express how thankful I am to be added to your list, and among those that looks and sound absolutely fantastic! I am adding some new novels to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you for including Athenian Rain!!! That's so amazing! *Hugs*
    I haven't seen most f these books before, but I do have V for Virgin on my kindle. It might have to get bumped up in the queue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for including The V Girl. Two years ago I was so hesitant to publish Lila's story, but your sincere interest in my book gave me courage and motivation. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo