Monday, September 8, 2014

Owl Post #40


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Welcome to this weeks Owl Post! Lets take a look at some of the amazing books I've gotten recently.
 
For Review:
 
From Scholastic Australia:
 
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I've been thinking about reading this series for a while now, especially seeing it's now a major motion picture. Lucky for me Scholastic decided to see me the movie tie in novel. I'm reading it right now and it's quite good.
 
- Paper Planes by Allayne L. Webster
Not sure if this book is for me, but maybe one day.
 
 - Four by James Phelan
I've been sent a number of books in Phelan's The Last Thirteen series although not all in order and not all of them. Maybe I'll read it when I have them all one day.
 
- Wickedpedia by Chris Van Etten
The concept of this book sounds really interesting and even though I hadn't heard of it prior to receiving a copy, I'm looking forward to reading this.
 
- Followers by Anna Davies
This book sounds really different and scary and I can't wait to read it! Plus that cover is just beyond creepy!  
 
......Thank you guys!
_______________________________
 
From Bloomsbury Australia:
 
- Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan
I really enjoyed Sarah Crossan's Breathe duology and even though it's obviously very different, I'm quite looking forward to reading more from her. Plus I've heard great things about this from the Bloomsbury Publicist!
 
.....Thanks Sonia!
________________________________
 
From Allen & Unwin:
 
- Chasing Before by Lenore Appelhans
I really enjoyed Level 2, the first book in the Memory Chronicles and I'm really excited to dive into this second book. I liked Level 2 a lot more than I expected and hope this book is as good as the first!
 
...........Thanks guys!
 
I Bought:
 
 - If I Stay by Gayle Forman
I've contemplated reading this book so many times, but something's always stopped me. Well. I've finally decided to take the plunge before I see the movie and got myself a copy. Anyone a fan? What can I expect?
 
- White Tiger by Kylie Chan
This is another series I've been thinking about reading for a while and seeing as I'm attending the Sydney Comic-Con next week and Kylie Chan will be there I went and nabbed the first book this this series. Guess I'll have to get the others before I see her too :)
 
And that's me this week! I actually got a tone of other books from the Book Expo and the Hachette Blogger night that I attended this week passed but I'll share those when I feature the events at a later date :)
Let me know what you received lately!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo