Monday, August 15, 2011

In My Mailbox #16



Welcome to IMM!

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren where bloggers can share the books they bought, borrowed or received throughout the week. For more info on just what it is and how to participate head here.

Here's what I got this week:

I bought:


Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon: This is the 20th book in Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. I love this series and was so excited for this book. I've already read and reviewed it and you can see my review on the blog here.

Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian: This is actually the 5th book in the Midnight Breed series and I've already ordered the 4th, so I have to wait for that one to arrive first so I can continue on with the series.

I was down at my local bookshop this week, actually buying Retribution, when I noticed they had this box-set of books....for $12.99. 5 book for 13 dollars. I haven't read any of these but they have been on my to-read list so I had to snap them up. What a deal!


~Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell by Elizabeth Chandler
~
The Poison Garden by Sarah Singleton
~
The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
~
Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
~
Tithe by Holly Black

All of these look fantastic and I cannot wait to read them!

For review:


Cowboys and Aliens by Joan D. Vinge: This is the tie in book for the movie. I'm dying to see the movie, so I was a little shocked when this turned up in my mailbox this week courtesy of Pan Macmillan. I'm not sure if I'll read it or not, but it does really sound good.

Forbidden by Jana Oliver: Also from Pan Macmillan (Thanks Charlotte!) this is the 2nd Demon Trappers book. Squee! I'm so excited to read this one and get myself more of Beck!

Fury by Elizabeth Miles: This is the first book in the new Fury Trilogy. I've been hearing great things about this around the blogosphere so I'm looking forward to reading this. Thanks to the guys over at Simon & Schuster for sending me this!

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: This is Ms. Mafi's debut novel and it sounds just to die for. The actual cover is stunning too and I'm eager to read this one. Thank-you to Allen & Irwin for this one.

I won:


I was lucky enough to win some Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens swag thanks to We Fancy Books. This is another book that I'm eager to get my hands on so I was excited when I won this. It includes a nifty little cd with some music that featured on the trailer and that coincides with the books. Thanks again guys!


That's it for me this week. I few books I'm really looking forward to reading =)
Tell me, what did you get in your mailbox this week?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you like Tithe! Although it's not my favourite of Holly Black's, I love her as an author. You got so many good books! I keep seeing Overprotected and I admit, the cover really attracts me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem, I think I just drooled a little seeing this haul!!

    Happy Reading =D

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo