Thursday, August 4, 2011

Book Shelf: Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed #2) by Lara Adrian




Bonded by blood and dark secrets, they enter a place of danger and infinite pleasure...
He comes to her more dead than alive, a towering black-clad stranger riddled with bullets and rapidly losing blood. As she struggles to save him, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the man calling himself Dante is no man at all, but one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle. In a single erotically charged moment Tess is plunged into his world - a shifting, shadowed place where bands of Rogue vampires stalk the night, cutting a swath of terror.

Haunted by visions of a dark future, Dante lives and fights like there is no tomorrow. Tess is a complication he does not need - but now, with his brethren under attack, he must shield Tess from a growing threat that includes Dante himself. For with one reckless, irresistible kiss, she has become an inextricable part of his underworld realm - and his touch awakens her to hidden gifts, desires, and hungers she never knew she possessed. Bonded by blood, Dante and Tess must work together to thwart deadly enemies, even as they discover a passion that transcends the boundaries of life itself.

Blurb from Goodreads....


Review:

I liked this book, I did, but I couldn’t help but feel oddly detached as I read it. I really like the story and the characters, but they don’t bring out strong emotions in me. I think Lara Adrian is doing a fabulous job with her world, and these have been quick, easy books to read so far, but I’m still not captivated as I am by similar series.

I found both Dante and Tess to be easy enough to read about and follow, but again I wasn’t entirely won over or convinced by their feelings and relationship. Sometimes I was really into it, but at other times it seemed like Tess was up and down with her feelings or she changed them too quickly. They were both strong individuals, with difficult pasts and I could see why they were drawn to one another, but I would have liked a little more depth and growth in then. Then again, it is a PNR, so that quick-doesn’t-really-make-sense, goes-against-everything kind of romance is one I should be used to by now.

The little dog Harvard, and the way Tess was with him was really cute to me and I am intrigued by some of the other characters. Tegan and Chase seem like very complex guys and I’m looking forward to learning more about them and reading their stories, especially considering Tegan’s is next. I think it’s going to be interesting, given Chase’s feelings and history with Elise, and seeing that she will be Tegan’s love interest in Midnight Awakening.

Rating: *** stars
Source: I bought
Format: Paperback
Recommend: Fans of PNR should enjoy it
Recommend borrow or buy: Borrow
Cover: Meh, it's nothing special
Read sequel/continue with series: Yeah.....

Buy it here:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo