Thursday, August 25, 2011

Book Shelf: Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed #4) by Lara Adrian


In a world of shadows and dark, consuming hungers, desire is the deadliest weapon...
For journalist Dylan Alexander, it began with the discovery of a hidden tomb, thrusting her into the center of a gathering storm of violence and secrets. But nothing is as dangerous as the scarred, lethally seductive man who rises from the shadows to draw her into his world of dark desire and endless night.

Fueled by pain and rage over a shattering betrayal, the warrior Rio has pledged his life to the war against the Rogues. He will let nothing stand in his way, least of all a mortal woman with the power to expose the entire vampire race. For an ancient evil has been awakened, and a stunning darkness is on the rise. Suddenly Dylan is powerless to resist Rio's touch, even as she uncovers a shocking link to her own past. And now she must choose: Leave Rio's midnight realm, or risk it all for the man who has shown her true passion and the infinite pleasures of the heart. . . .

Blurb from Goodreads......


Review:

thoroughly enjoyed this book in the series. It’s my 2nd fave so far, after Midnight Awakening and I enjoyed getting to see Rio and Dylan’s tale. I continue to like the way the world changes and Dragos adds a new aspect to the series that we haven’t seen before. The things that he’s doing are truly twisted, horrific and sick and I’m looking forward to seeing the Order get him in the end.

I really loved Rio. He’s a very tormented, broken character and unlike some hero’s in PNR books, he actually has a legitimate reason for being that way. After the betrayal he suffered in the first book and the harsh things he’s been through since, he never thought he’d get past it. He didn’t want to live and he certainly never expected to meet Dylan. She was the last thing that he was expecting and yet she was exactly what he needed.
I found I really liked Dylan too. She was a strong, vibrant heroine who was able to look past Rio’s scars and imperfections and see the terrific male he is. She was willing to stand up to him and question him even though she was frightened which I found really realistic for the situation she was in. I can’t say she was an overly unique heroine, and I could even see similarities with her and some of the other female leads in this series, but I liked her regardless.

Rio and Dylan were really sweet as a couple. It was nice seeing Rio move on from Eva and find happiness with Dylan. They seem to be really good for each other and bring out the best in one another. I think after Dylan lost her mother, having Rio in her life helped take that pain away a bit. They were really electric together and their relationship didn’t seem rushed or forced. Even though she’d been “kidnapped” by Rio and yet was still attracted to him, Dylan didn’t give into those feelings straight away, instead getting to know this tortured male more instead.

I was happy with the way this book ended and I’m really looking forward to Nikolai’s story. It sounds really good.....

Rating:
Source: I bought
Format: Paperback
Recommend: Yes
Recommend borrow or buy: Buy
Cover: It fits well with the series, but does nothing for me.....
Read sequel/continue with series: Yes

Buy it here:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo