Saturday, April 2, 2011

Try Me (Demon Underground #2) by Parker Blue







This part-demon teen vampire fighter and her faithful terrier hellhound are once again patrolling the dark city streets of San Antonio, Texas. Val's hunky human partner, Detective Dan Sullivan, is giving her the cold shoulder since she beheaded his vampire ex-fiancée. Vamp leader Alejandro is struggling to keep the peace between vamps, demons and humans. The mucho powerful Encyclopedia Magicka has been stolen, someone in the Demon Underground is poisoning vamps, and Val's inner lust demon, Lola, is getting very restless since Val's now partnered with sexy Shade, the shadow demon with the blond good looks of an angel.

Blurb taken from Goodreads.....






Review:




This book was just as easily as good as the first one. I’ll admit that I was a tad shocked that I actually seem to love this series as much as I do. The writing itself isn’t perfect and sometimes there are errors, but I still find the story fun and engaging. It’s still fast paced and a great easy read, you can sit back and read without having to over think things.




This book picks up more or less right where the last one left off, but considering only a short amount of time has passed a lot has changed. I like seeing the Movement continue to grow and that we’re learning more about the demon underground. I like the new characters that we’re meeting and the storyline continues to be interesting. Val of course continues to be brilliant, although she’s learning more about herself and discovering things that she hadn’t known before. I like that she’s growing and get continues to be fierce while being a very normal teenager too. I like that she is the “Slayer” and yet she still has normal teenage worries and insecurities. I must say, I was kind disappointed with Dan in this book. I do like the bloke, but his constant personality changes and opinions are giving me whiplash. One moment he’s okay with what Val is and the next he’s confused, angry and mad at her. I hate that he treats her the way he does, and I want him to come to his senses. It’s annoying because in the first book I really thought they had potential and while I still feel that way, I don’t know what the authors going to do with them.




I will say that, while the relationship with Shade and Val didn’t catch me by surprise--come on, you could see that coming a mile away, it just doesn’t feel completely right to me. I do like Shade and he and Val could be good together, but it seems to me like their relationship is a bit rushed and forced. They seem to be moving really quickly, and I honestly don’t like that. I still think Shade is a good guy and all, but I just don’t know if I’m happy with them as a couple. Perhaps it’s because I’m still holding out for Dan. However, I do like that Shade has a doggie for Fang, even though she is a bit of a bitch, pun intended.




Now I’m on to the next book....




Rating: **** stars


Recommend: Yes


Did I Buy, Borrow or is it an ARC: ARC


Recommend Buy or Borrow: Buy


Ebook or Actual Book: Ebook


Cover: Doesn't do anything for me


Read sequel/continue with series: Yes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo