Sunday, April 24, 2011

Book Shelf: The Abandoned (The Graveyard Queen #0.5) by Amanda Stevens




There are rules for dealing with ghosts. Too bad Ree Hutchins doesn't know them.

When her favorite patient at a private mental hospital passes away, psychology student Ree Hutchins mourns the elderly woman's death. But more unsettling is her growing suspicion that something unnatural is shadowing her.

Amateur ghost hunter Hayden Priest believes Ree is being haunted. Even Amelia Gray, known in Charleston as The Graveyard Queen, senses a gathering darkness. Driven by a force she doesn't understand, Ree is compelled to uncover an old secret and put abandoned souls to rest—before she is locked away forever....

Blurb taken from Goodreads....


Review: (Warning, contains spoilers)



Hmmm, I enjoyed this novella, I did, but it’d left me with questions and heaps to think about it. The storyline was interesting and intriguing, like I’m becoming used to with these stories and I was interested the whole way through. I liked both Ree and Hayden. They were cool characters and even though their relationship moved and changed quickly, I didn’t find I was bothered by it how I sometimes am in short stories. I thought their meeting in the graveyard was actually kinds cute and I thought it was sweet how much Hayden wanted to help her and everything.

Seeing as I’ve ready read The Restorer, I already knew a bit about what the world of this story is like and yet this prequel has left me with a lot to ponder. I’m really beginning to wonder about The Order of the Coffin and the Claw. Seeing as Devin and now Hayden are members, two men that I feel are good characters and honourable men, I’m beginning to wonder if perhaps it’s not as bad as I thought. It’s still a secret society so by nature it has its shadiness and secrets, but perhaps there’s more to it that I first believed.

I’d really like to see more of Ree and Hayden throughout the series and I’ll be on the lookout for them in future books, whether or not they’ll be appearing I don’t know. Still, I’m looking forward to seeing more of Amelia and Devlin in this series.....

Rating: *** stars
Recommend: Yes
Did I Buy, Borrow or is it an ARC: Bought *technically got for free though*
Recommend Buy or Borrow: Buy
Ebook or Actual Book: Ebook
Cover: It's not too bad
Read sequel/continue with series: Yes

You can download this ebook for FREE here: http://www.ebooks.eharlequin.com/D15E62AD-1E51-48F4-8BDB-184C20DE2942/10/141/en/ContentDetails.htm?ID=7471EB6C-89BE-4064-8EAD-70EE4CA46C31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo