Monday, November 26, 2012

Owl Post #8


Hi happy book lovers!

I know it's been another couple of weeks since I sported an Owl Post, but life's finally been catching up with me lately. Guess it's heading towards that Christmas month!

Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Anywhoo. Here's what I've received in the past couple of weeks.......  


For Review:
 
 
From Pan Macmillan Australia.....
- The Skeleton Key by Tara Moss
Just realised I showed this one last week, lol. Guess I'm really losing it. Haven't read any books in this series, although I may one day :)
 
- Wake by Amanda Hocking
- Lullaby by Amanda Hocking
I haven't had the chance to read any of Amanda Hocking's books although I've heard nothing but praise for them so I'm really looking forward to finally reading some. I know her Trylle series is very popular so I'll have to try to get my hands on them too :) Anyone read these books?
 
.....Thank you guys (And to Sarah for sending me Wake--welcome to Pan Macmillan!)  
 
From Random House Australia......
-Wool by Hugh Howey
I hadn't heard of this one before it turned up on my doorstep, but it sure sounds good. I'm really loving dystopians right now so I'm happy to have this.
 
- Hot Blooded by Nancy Holder and Debbie ViguiƩ
I haven't read the first book in this series yet although I really want to. I know both these authors are supposed to be excellent writers, so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get the first book. Anyone agree?
 
......Thank you Dorothy and the team at Random House for these two!

 
From HarlequinTEEN Australia.....
- The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
I've already read this in ARC form, but I was super excited to receive a copy of this!! It's so lovely having a finished copy, especially seeing how much I loved this one.
 
.....Thank you to the ever amazing Polina for this!
 
 
I Bought:
 
 
- Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle
This is one book I've been waiting to be released for ages! It was even my WOW a while back :) There's just something so awesome about the sound of it and I knew I had to have to ASAP. Now I just have to find the time to read it. Oh, and it's that cover just beautiful?!?!
 
Kindle
So, not only did I finally decide what to do with some of the money I got from my birthday last month, but I finally caved and got myself a Kindle! About time I think---now I can get around to all those ebooks that have been gathering up ;)
 

And that's me for the past two weeks :)
Be sure to let me know what the Owls dropped off for you this week!

3 comments:

  1. I recently finished Lullaby - it was definitely much better than the first book. I also sent a request in for Hot Blooded so I hope I can get a copy of it since the first book was pretty good.

    Great owl post, Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually sent a review request (Random House Aus too I think) for the Wool omnibus... for Netgalley. It made it to the Goodreads top list this year for one category. I wanted to read it a while back so I hope I can read it soon before the Netgalley expires. It's also an indie release. Always nice to see an indie author make it to big publishers.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suck majorly - I'm not sure if I wished you a happy birthday last month or not... my head has not been screwed on right lately!! So: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, RACHEL!!! <3 What an awesome self-present: KINDLE!

    Oooh Wool is a dystopian? How have I not heard of it before? Definitely going to check that out on Goodreads. I still need to finish Amanda's Trylle trilogy. I read the first and enjoyed it, so I'm interested to read your thoughts on the Wake series!

    Those owls of yours are too dang good, I think I might have to kidnap them.. *twirls wand maniacally*

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo