Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Shelf: In Other Worlds by Sherrilyn Kenyon



*Please note that this book is a collection of short stories by this author from her various series's.*

I was excited to get this book. It contained a couple short stories I’d been eager to read; Fire and Ice (From the League series) and Dragonswan (A prequel novella to the Dark Hunter series). I’m happy to say that I did enjoy it, although, if I was completely honest, I would have loved both stories to be longer; perhaps full length books. Even though both sets of main characters were great characters and had chemistry, everything seemed rushed, and I found it hard to completely buy their feelings as it didn’t feel like they’d known each other long enough to feel that way to me. Both stories were great though and I’m glad I read them.

I also read Knightly Dreams. It was, ahh....interesting. Personally, I think it leans more towards the traditional romance novel and hero than a lot of other books. I could defiantly see the difference in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s later books and her earlier ones when she was writing under the pen name Kinley MacGregor. There was one thing I found that I really loved in this story though and that was the idea that books were actually a lot more real than we think, and that the stories inside them are actually real, as are the characters. The whole idea and world of that was fascinating.


Rating: * * * stars
Recommend: Yes. If you are a fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon then I defiantly think you should read it.
Did I Buy, Borrow or is it an ARC: Bought
Reccomend Buy or Borrow: Borrow
Ebook or Actual Book: Actual Book
Cover: It's a Adult PNR so you can only expect so much, but this one isn't all to nice.
Read sequel/continue with series: Yes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo