Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book Shelf: Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4) by Larissa Ione




A DEMON ENSLAVED

Lore is a Seminus half-breed demon who has been forced to act as his dark master's assassin. Now to earn his freedom and save his sister's life, he must complete one last kill. Powerful and ruthless, he'll stop at nothing to carry out this deadly mission.

AN ANGEL TEMPTED

Idess is an earthbound angel with a wild side, sworn to protect the human Lore is targeting. She's determined to thwart her wickedly handsome adversary by any means necessary-even if that means risking her vow of eternal chastity. But what begins as a simple seduction soon turns into a passion that leaves both angel and demon craving complete surrender.

Torn between duty and desire, Lore and Idess must join forces as they battle their attraction for each other. Because an enemy from the past is rising again-one hellbent on vengeance and unthinkable destruction.

Blurb taken from Goodreads


Review: (Warning, contains spoilers)

I enjoyed this book in the series; it was pretty darn good. Honestly when I first heard about this series, I knew Eidolon, Shade and Wraith were brothers, and that the first 3 books were theirs, but I always wondered about the other two and who those characters were. It seemed silly to me to have the first 3 books focus on siblings and then the last 2 on random characters, and then I learned that Lore and Sin were in fact their long lost siblings and suddenly not only did it makes sense, but it seemed brilliant.
I like the way this series continues to grow and how the storyline evolves. It’s always different and I like that about it.

I really liked Lore. Even though he was an assassin, he actually seemed to be one of the calmer, laid back of the brothers. He didn’t appear to be as brutal as Shade or Wraith. They were both real dark and fire crackers and Lore, despite his nature, didn’t appear to be as hard. That’s not to say that he wasn’t powerful and fierce or that he hadn’t led a hard life. He’d been through a lot since turning, he and Sin both. I thought it was really sweet that he actually craved a relationship with his brothers, despite all the issues they faced. It just seems so nice that he actually wanted to get to know them.
Idess was pretty darn fierce for an angel. Usually angels are innocent and sweet but she was far from. Obviously it makes sense seeing as she’s a protector, but it was still interesting seeing her so fiery. I liked her though.
Actually I liked both her and Lore together. I admit there wasn’t the biggest connection in the world and they weren’t the most unique couple I’ve ever seen, but they went well together. They brought out the best in each other and made one another happy---I like that.

Sin is a really interesting one though. And it’s not because she’s the only female Sem in existence. She just seems like a very complex, complicated person. I don’t think she’s ever been able to really trust someone—even her brother, and I’d really like to see that change in her book. I think she’s a lot more than she comes across. She seems to have a vulnerable side, despite her nature and it’s obvious her and Conall have a spark. I’m looking forward to seeing where they take that.
Now on to the next and last book......


Rating: **** stars
Recommend: Yes
Did I Buy, Borrow or is it an ARC: Bought
Recommend Buy or Borrow: Buy
Ebook or Actual Book: Actual Book
Cover: I freakin' LOVE this cover. It's the only one with only one character on the cover (guess Idess got jiffed, lol) but damn if it isn't nice. Love the purple, love the shine....love it!
Read sequel/continue with series: Yes

Buy it here:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo