Monday, November 20, 2017

Owl Post #197


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hello lovelies and welcome to another Owl Post!

Not only am I a bit of a book hoarder and own sooooo many books I don't know how I'll ever read all of them, but I can't resist a sale; which is why this week I have a lot of books I bought to share with you. The first photo is of books I scored from Kinokuniya and cost me less than $35--and that includes two hardbacks AND free shipping :)
 
I Bought:
 - The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead 
I enjoy Richelle Mead's books but have only just gotten a copy of this. Can't wait to read it!
 
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff 
I still have the first book in this series, Illuminae to read too but I LOVE Amie Kaufman and am sure I will adore it when I finally get around to it; just have to find the time. 
 
- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness  
I recently heard this series was being made into a tv series and I've heard great things about it so I decided to give it ago. Unfortunately Kinokuniya cancelled my order of Book 1 & 2 because they ran out of stock so I now only have this third book, but I'll get the first two eventually.
 
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor 
I ADORE Laini Taylor and I'm stoked to have waiting to get a copy of this book--this hard back cost me $9. Nine freaking dollars--yes please! 

- Caraval by Stephanie Garber 
Caraval seems to be one of the hottest debuts this year and I'm looking forward to reading it. LOVE this hardback copy I scored for only $8 :) It's so beautiful!
 
- City of Light by Keri Arthur 
A few weeks ago I found a second hand copy of the second book in this series for $2 in perfect condition, so now I have book one so I can began this series :)
 
- Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine   
I LOVED the first two books in The Great Library series and thought I might have received a copy of Ash and Quill for review. Obviously I didn,t so I had to get one for myself! Can't wait to read this!
 
- The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
I read the first book in this Shades of London series a few years ago and enjoyed it. I haven't continued on with the series but this book was $4 so I thought I'd finally get myself a copy of the sequel. 

- Stormbringers by Philippa Gregory 
 Stormbringers is the second novel in the Order of Darkness series. I don't have a copy of book one, however this hardback was only $3.50, sooooooo ;)

My Lady Quicksilver by Bec McMaster 
-   Forged by Desire by Bec McMaster
These are books three and four in the London Steampunk (I also own book one) and Bec is attending an author event next year that I'm thinking of attending. I'm still unsure if I definitely will or not, but just in case, these were on sale ($6 each) so I decided to get copies in preparation; just in case! 

And that's me this week! I treated myself to plenty of goodies!
What did the owls drop off for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo