Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #250

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on.....
 
Dark Shores by Danielle L. Jensen 
Releases on: May 7th 2019
 
Piracy, blackmail, and meddling gods meet in Dark Shores, a thrilling first novel in a fast-paced new YA fantasy series by Danielle L. Jensen.

A PIRATE'S DAUGHTER
Teriana is the daughter of a trading ship captain. Her people have the sea in their bones, their ships are guarded by demigods of the Sea Goddess, and they are the only ones who know how to traverse the never-ending ocean between the East and the West.

A SOLDIER WITH A SECRET
Marcus is the leader of the Thirty-Seventh legion, the notorious army that has led the Celendor Empire to conquer the entire East. The legion is the only family he has, and even they don't know the secret he's been hiding since childhood.

A DANGEROUS QUEST
When a tyrannical ruler gains power in Celendor, he kidnaps Teriana's mother and threatens to reveal Marcus's deepest secret unless the two of them help him conquer the unknown West. The unwilling pair, distrustful of each other's motivations, join together for the sake of their families, and must decide how far they are willing to go, and how much of themselves they are willing to sacrifice.
 
 
Thoughts:
Tales about pirates are very popular nowadays and I have to say I've enjoyed the ones I've read. Dark Shores is another I'm eagerly adding to me TBR list as I think it sounds very promising and has everything that I look for in a great YA fantasy!
What do you think of Dark Shores?
And what are you waiting on this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo