Friday, May 6, 2011

Book Shelf: Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3) by Larissa Ione




FORBIDDEN TEMPTATIONS

Serena Kelley is an archaeologist and treasure hunter-and a woman with a secret. Since she was seven, she's been the keeper of a powerful charm that grants her health and immortality . . . as long as she stays a virgin. But Serena isn't all that innocent. And when a dangerously handsome stranger brings her to the brink of ecstasy, she wonders if she's finally met the one man she cannot resist.

FATAL DESIRES

Wraith is a Seminus demon with a death wish. But when an old enemy poisons him, he must find Serena and persuade her to give him the only known antidote in the universe-her charm. Yet, as she begins to surrender to his seductions and Wraith senses the cure is within his grasp, he realizes a horrible truth: He's falling for the woman whose life he must take in order to save his own.

Blurb taken from Goodreads....


Review: (Warning, contains spoilers)

This is without a doubt the best book in the series so far. I don’t know what the other two will be like but they’ll have to be something pretty spectacular to beat this one in my eyes. It’s no secret that I’ve had my issues with this series; with some of the things that have happened and the actual characters, but this book made all of that worth it.
The whole storyline and idea of this book was fabulous. So many things I’ve been wanting to see happen finally happened; Wraith finding love and Gem and Kynan finally getting together for good.

I love Wraith! He’s my fave of the brothers! I can’t deny that he’s not dark and brutal, and tormented and scarred, because he is....and yet he’s such an incredible guy despite it all. I think I’ve always known there was more to him than this cruel guy that we’ve been seeing since the first book. I think I always knew he was gonna turn out to be a softie, especially considering how he’s slowly been beginning to thaw out, but it took someone like Serena to really break through to him. It soooo cute how in the beginning, even though he detested the thought of bedding a human and that the idea made him sick considering his past, he was still willing to in order to save his life, and yet he ended up actually caring for her instead. He fell in love with her, and it was so nice to see.
Serena was a great heroine. She was strong and brave and really a perfect match for Wraith. She loved the hunt and was up for adventure and it’s really no surprise that she appealed to him the way she did. I think she’s my fave out off all the female leads in this series.....really they’re actually my fave couple! They just go together so well...there’s nothing about them that I’d change or wish to be different.
Oh, the only issue I had with this book was that I hated that Serena kept calling Wraith Josh, even after she knew his real name. I wanted him to be “Wraith” to her, not someone else.

I was ecstatic that Gem and Kynan finally sorted things out! Yay! They’re together. Kynan’s been through so much and Gem is such a sweetie; a real great gal, that they deserve to be happy together. And they’re getting married too! And they can have kids! And they’re gonna live happily ever after (they better, or heads will roll!). Yay!
On a sadder note.....it broke my heart when Kynan died during the book. I was gutted. I didn’t know what to think at first, and I was beyond happy when Lore healed him.
Ahhh, Lore...who’d have thought! Another brother! Isn’t this interesting? And he seems like a bit of a fire cracker. I’m just gonna ignore that he actually tried to kill his brothers, just because I think he guy has real potential. Honestly Roag is dead and he was still causing trouble for the sexy demons that we all love. Still it brought Lore to them so maybe that’s not such a bad thing.

The very last chapter of this book choked me up. It goes without saying that I was happy Serena was saved and that her and Wraith can be together, but when E and Shade brought Wraiths baby to them *gushes* .....it was just the sweetest thing I ever did see. Serena was sad that she couldn’t have children, and the way she went to the baby was beautiful. She accepted and wanted it straight away; it was a part of Wraith and she loved it on the spot. Now, there’s nothing more amazing than that.
I’m so thrilled that the three of them will be a family and I’m so glad they get their happy ending. They’ve all been through so much and it’s a fantastic outcome for them.

I’m looking forward to reading the next book and discovering more about Lore..


Rating: **** stars
Recommend: Yes!
Did I Buy, Borrow or is it an ARC: Boughts
Recommend Buy or Borrow: Buy
Ebook or Actual Book: Actual Book
Cover: Love the green!
Read sequel/continue with series: Yes....


Buy it here:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo