Monday, March 23, 2015

Owl Post #55


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Welcome to another week of Owl Post!
 
Surprising as it seems, I didn't receive any review books last week, but I did cave and by a few ;) Here's what I bought last week.....
 
I Bought:
 
- Banished by Liz de Jager
All these books in the above picture as books I bought from Basement Books in the city because they were quite cheap, but Banished was something I featured as a WOW a year or so back so I'm happy to finally have a copy :)
 
- Beautiful Bombshell by Christina Lauren
- Beautiful Bitch by Christina Lauren
I actually haven't read any of this series yet although I do own a copy of Beautiful Bastard and plan to start it sometime soon. Both these books were only $4.99 each and I couldn't pass them up at that price!
 
- The Disappearance of Ember Crow by Ambelin Kwaymullina
This is the sequel to The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf, the first book in The Tribe series and was only $2. Yeah, I'm a sucker for a cheap book! 
 
- White Tiger by Kylie Chan
I already have this in paperback along with books 2 and 3 which I got signed at last years Oz Comic Con, however Kylie Chan is going to be there again this year and for only $3.99 for a hardback copy of this book I thought another signed copy might make a great giveaway prize :D
 
 
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
I couldn't pass up this Special 10th Anniversary Edition hardback copy of Looking for Alaska. This picture doesn't do it justice one bit, but the gold jacket is just stunning!
 
- Corruption by Jessica Shirvington
The first book in this duology Disruption was a favourite of mine last year and I CAN'T WAIT to start this!
 
I Won:
 
Last Monday I was lucky enough to attend an advance screening of The DUFF, based on the brilliant book by Kody Keplinger of the same name. Not only did the movie rock my socks, but I was one of the few to find a copy of the book under my seat! I've got an original copy of this book, so stay tuned because I'll be giving away this baby in the coming weeks!
 
And that's me this week!
What did the owl's bring YOU?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Can I ask where you bought your Special 10th Anniversary Edition of Looking for Alaska? I want to own it so bad but I'm really hesitant to buy it online since they show a different cover and I'm afraid I'll get something other than that gorgeousness.

    Haraiah @ Random Things In Action

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from my local Big W. I'm not sure what country you're from, but I'm from Australia and I've seen them in a lot of local book shops.

      Delete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo