Monday, August 13, 2018

Owl Post #213


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hello lovelies and welcome to another week's Owl Post. I must admit I scored from great second hand books at bargain prices in fabulous prices recently and I'm stoked to share them with you :)

For Review:
 From Bloomsbury Australia:
- The Brink of Darkness by Jeff Giles  
Jeff Giles's debut novel The Edge of Everything was an interesting read; quite unique and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in this sequel. 
 
- The Weight of a Thousand Feathers by Brian Conaghan
My only experience with Brian Conaghan has been  We Come Apart that he co-wrote with Sarah Crossan who I love. I'm interested to see what he does on his own and may try to work this into my reading schedule. 
 
- The Storm Keeper's Island by Catherine Doyle 
I'm not sure what to think about this novel--I think it sounds more like a Middle Grade book so I don't know if I'll read this. We'll see. 
 
.....Thank you so much Bloomsbury!
 

I Bought:
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh 
- Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis 
 - The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson 
These were my favourite finds this week at my local Mission Australia shop. All in perfect condition and they only cost me $8 for the three of them. Given to the Sea is a hardback, I loved Flame of the Mist and have heard such great things about The Kiss of Deception.

- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld 
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare 
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Dumplin' by Julie Murphy 
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
More send hand babies this time from my local Vinnies store. I was especially excited about finding copies of Dumpin' and The Accident Season as they both on my TBR list. I have a copy of the sequel to Lady Midnight that I received for review but I'm a bit behind with my Cassie Clare reading so I'll need to catch up before I begin this series. Oh and this copy of A Monster Calls has beautiful illustrations in it!

- Rapture by Lauren Kate 
- Fallen In Love by Lauren Kate 
- Paper Hearts by Courtney Walsh 
- Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins 
- Working Stiff by Rachel Caine 
- Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
I just can't help the book hoarder in me. Even if I haven't read a series, if I see books at a cheap price in a great condition I HAVE to have them. I hope to read Wendy Higgins series one day and definitely plan to read Richelle Mead's adult novels in the future as I love her YA stuff so much.

And those are my book goodies this week!
What did the owls bring YOU?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo