So I'm sure you've all heard about Top Top Ten Tuesday, well I've finally decided to take part. Personally, I think it's really fun, but I don't know how consistent I'll be. I'll probably post sporadically, depending on the mood I'm in. Ha!
Top Ten Tuesday is an weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish were we discuss a different fun and book themed list every week. This week we’re talking:
1. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead- If any of you have read this series, you'll know what I'm talking about. This book had it all, romance, action, humor and the moment we were all waiting for, but the ending was heart-breaking. I don't think that there's a VA fan out there who wasn't gutted by how this one ended!
2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare- I think I speak for ALL Mortal Instruments fans when I say what a shocker the revelation about Jace and Clary at the end of this book was. None of us were expecting it; it came out of no where and I don't think any of us knew what to think. Well, except be devastated, lol.
3. Starcrossed by by Josephine Angelini- This book has got to be one of my faves this year and the ending was the biggest shock for me since the big announcement in City of Bones. I was literally shocked and upset by this one! Really? Josephine Angelini, you're such a meanie!
4. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare- I think I was in denial when I first read the ending of this book. I remember thinking, "No. Noooo. How can this happen? Haven't they been through enough?" and it took me a while to realise what I was actually seeing. Cassie Clare--you're a genius! Abet, an evil, evil genius, but a genius none the less.
5. Unleash the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon- Oh Nick! The gob-smacking part of this book was actually a subplot, but considering he's been like, one of my fave characters since Night Pleasures watching what happens in the end to Nick in this book was like ripping my heart out. Kenyon certainly knows how to make you feel!
6. Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater- This was the first book I'd read by Maggie Stiefvater and is still my fave to date, but the ending still broke my heart. This book is beautiful, through and through, but the ending just wasn't the one I was expecting. It still stays with me today, thinking, "What if?" and I hope one day Maggie continues on with this series.
7. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead- It wasn't like a massive cliffhanger...and yet it was. If that makes sense. The last line makes you feel like you neeed the next book...like right now! Not gonna spoil anything, but lets just say it ends with someone arriving--someone all VA fans adore. *swoon*
8. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa- Just because I managed to peice this one together as the book progressed didn't mean it didn't suck less. Yes, I was gutted. Yes, I was heartbroken. Yes, I need the next book so badly. Julie Kagawa has an evil side, lol.
9. Goddess of Legend by P.C. Cast- I really loved this book, but I just was not expecting this ending. I even re-read it to see if I've read it correctly, but I had. Sooo, not what I was expecting....or wanted!
10. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater- The ending of this book was so sad. It was heart-wrenching and so emotional. It left you needing Forever (which I still haven't read, lol) so badly and hoping to see things turn out okay for the characters you love.
So there you have it folks, my Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open. Leave links to your Top Ten Tuesdays if you have them and I'll be sure to check them out!