Sunday, July 3, 2011

Top 5 Sunday with Larissa's Bookish Life #5



Top 5 Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Larissa at Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life.
Find out more and how to participate here: http://www.larissaslife.com/p/top-5-sundays-about.html

Each week Larissa features a top 5 of something and this weeks topic is:

Bookish Pet Peeves!


***Before I start, I have to make it clear that while these things tend to drive me a little nuts, they in no way stop me from reading the books I love. Sure it can get a bit annoying, but at the end of the day, I love the books I read and wouldn't stop for the world.***

Here are my top five:

1. The Love Triangle


















Ahhh, the dreaded love triangle. It seems like it's impossible not to pick up a book now days (especially YA) and not find a love triangle. It's just everywhere. Yes, at first they were interesting. I can't pretend that I haven't enjoyed one or two, but it's gotten to a point where I'm just over it.

2. Love At First Sight


















Call me old fashioned, but what ever happened to getting to know someone first before you fall in love with them. Sure I believe in lust at first sight, but love? No way! You have to know someone before you can love them and there are way too many characters out there nowadays that fall in love when they're only known each other a tiny amount of time--it just doesn't seam realistic. Characters become obsessed with each other and really, most of the time, I just don't see the reason.

3. The Annoying Heroine


















Have you ever read a book where the storyline is great, the supporting characters are great, but the main character makes you wanna pull your hair out? Well, I have. Girls who make pathetic choice after pathetic choice or fall so "in love" that all that matters to them is a man.

4. Sex When Characters First Meet


















I love PNR, but if there's one thing I can't stand is when characters jump into each others beds when they know nothing about one another. I've read books where sometimes the heroine doesn't even know the hero's name before she's losing herself in him and the passion and the blah, blah, blah.

5. Bitter Sweet Endings


















Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know it may sound cliche and, well, boring of me, but at the end of the day when a book or series ends I want all loose ends tied up and a happy ending. It's impossible not to become invested with most characters I really only want to see them happy. Most of the time I don't mind when a book is left open, and a happy ending is hinted at but when you know a character has gone through so much only to have it all end a certain way it was be very depressing.


So there you have it. My top 5 Book Pet Peeves. I mean, I do have a couple more, but 5 it says, so 5 there shall be.
Until next time.....

~Rachel
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo