Monday, June 23, 2014

Owl Post #35


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.

Hi guys!

Hope you've all had a great week in books--I know I have :)

For Review:

From Allen & Unwin:
 
-  The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Alright. First off that cover is beyond beautiful! And that's not even taking into considering how amazing the story sounds--can't wait to read this one!!

- Razorhurst by Justine Larbalestier
I've only ever read one book by Justine Larbalestier previously, Team Human, but I did enjoy it. That being said, this sounds interesting, but maybe not my kind of thing; we'll see.

....... Thank you Lara!
________________________________

 From Bloomsbury Australia:

- Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan
Hadn't heard of this one before I received it, but I may read it one day :)

...............Thank you guys!
_____________________________________

From Simon & Schuster......

 - Twisted by Emma Chase
I haven't read the first book in this series, Tangled yet, so I'd have to read that one before I even contemplated giving this a go.

- The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su & Kate Rorick
Although I haven't read the original Pride & Prejudice novel I've seen the movies and I like the idea of the modern twist promised in this book. I may have to try and worm it into my reading schedule!

- Jane's Melody by Ryan Winfield
This book wouldn't normally be normal kind of read but I'm really intrigued by the concept of this. Plus it's written by a male author--I'm caught!

- Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee! The first book in Jamie McGuire's new Maddox Brothers series is finally here and I'm super, SUPER excited to read this. I'll be starting it today and I am very looking forward to Trent's story!

........Thanks guy!

I Bought:
 
- Lick by Kylie Scott
I'd been seeing this book in K-mart for the passed few weeks and seemed to be torn between bying and not. It was like the book was taunting me saying buy me, buy me....well and finally caved, considering so many bloggers I love and respect seem to love this series and have been recommending it. I'm talking to you Michelle ;) Glad I finally caved; I've already devoured this (review to come) and can't wait to read the rest of the series!
 
And that's me!
What have you received this week?
 
 


3 comments:

  1. The Winners Curse was so good. I really love that book. You got some wonderful books this week.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely week Rachel! I hope you enjoy Beautiful Oblivion! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap got a mirror of those books. Brilliant. I just got Beautiful Obliv today. Woot! TRENT!!! Enjoy. OO yes is that Michelle, me?? LOL!! PLay is even better...MAL he is such a talker :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo