She’s got a handful of weeks, absolutely no leads, and her sexy best guy-friend and team member, Khan, covering her back. But will the growing attraction she feels for Khan get in the way of her mission to save her own life?
1. My concept for Cursed came from me asking myself a simple question, “What if the drug problems of the world had a supernatural cause?”
2. The first scene where I envisioned my main character, Jazz, was the first scene of the book that I wrote. In that moment, I fully understood who Jazz was and she was so vivid to me.
3. Writing Cursed was probably one of the easiest books I’ve written because all of my characters and their motives were so clear to me.
4. I like to outline before starting a new story, and Cursed changed dramatically from the outline. The first kiss between Khan and Jazz came about 3 chapters early, and was a complete surprise.
5. I had a difficult time getting one of the guards names down in my first draft, and had to go back to make sure that I decided on one name in the end.
6. In my first outline, what fueled the love triangle was a lie told by some people close to Jazz (who were not really there to tell her the lie, but were illusions). But I made some changes and didn’t apply that to Jazz.
7. When researching Chicago for Cursed, I relied heavily on a close friend who lives there. She supplied pictures and insight into the warehouse district I was mainly focusing on. It was a great help!
8. I originally wanted the Dorgai headquarters to be in the old Chicago Post Office in the center of downtown. I saw the building when visiting my friend in Chicago. We were riding through downtown and passed through the bridge that goes through it…and it was beautiful! I decided to go another way, but I definitely plan to use the building in some way eventually.
9. My favorite relationship in Cursed, besides Jazz and Khan’s of course, is what Jazz has with Gorde. They have such a great camaraderie that I can’t help but to enjoy their every interaction.
10. To be completely honest, I’m not fully sure who Jazz will end up with in the end. I like both Khan and Cal for different reasons. And I like not knowing. I think it’ll give a realness to her confusion if I’m right there with her.
Trakena has always loved the many worlds she's found in books, where everything was possible. As a child, you would often catch her enjoying a good story in the comfort of the AC, instead of wilting in the Houston heat (she showed great intelligence...even then). It didn't occur to Trakena that the fanciful stories she made up for fun could one day be out in the world, but now that they are she can't imagine it any other way!
a Rafflecopter giveaway