Monday, March 26, 2012

In My Mailbox #32



Hello my lovelies!

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren where we can share the books we bought, borrowed or received throughout the week. For more info on just what it is and how to participate, head here.

I wasn't able to post an IMM last week due to my crazy study schedule, which has gotten a bit better, but is still nuts. Really, why must we have so many assignments due at the same time?!? It's madness.

Anywhoo, here are the books I've gotten in the last 2 weeks....


I Bought:
~Supernaturally by Kiersten White
~Hereafter by Tara Hudson
~Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
~Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
~Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted


I loved Paranormalcy and I'm a massive Maggie Stiefvater fan, so I've been meaning to get Supernaturally and Forever for, well, forever, lol, and I finally got copies. Eager to read both these books! Hereafter, I have actually read and loved, but I read it off Netgalley, so I wanted to get myself a copy before the next book comes out. YEE! So excited to read Under The Never Sky! Heard such great things about it! As for Crazy Beautiful, it caught my interest a while back and when I went to the Claudia Gray signing last week, Dymocks had a hardback copy of it for $5. Score! Had to get it. I'm so pleased I left the store only buying one book, haha.



For Review:
~Ondine: The Summer of Shambles by Ebony McKenna


The lovely Ebony McKenna sent me a copy of her book Ondine to read and review. This book looks so very cute and fun and I cannout wait to dive into it! Thank-you so much to Ebony for sending me this!

I Won:
~ The Hunger Pains: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon


I was excited to win a copy of The Hunger Pains thanks to the Summer of Supernatural Facebook Page and HarperCollins Australia! This looks so funny and I'm eager to see what they do with the series--hope it's hilarious, but not bad, lol.


And that's my mailbox! Really thrilled with my haul this week and am looking forward to reading these awesome books! What did you get? I'd love to know!

17 comments:

  1. Nice IMM, I should read Forever...

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      *races off to check IMM*

      Delete
  2. Sucks with all the assignments coming in at the moment time =\ Good luck with them!

    UNDER THE NEVER SKY!! Love that! Really hope you do too, one of my fave reads this year. And oooh so excited to see what you think of Crazy Beautiful. I've been super interested in that for a while now, thanks for popping it back on my radar :D Oh, I adored Forever, it's a beautiful conclusion and Supernaturally is awesome! Kiersten rocks <3

    Awesome haul, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about Under The Never Sky and with the event you and Lisa put on I wanna read it more! Haha, glad to help. Fingers crossed I like Crazy Beautiful-- I've heard very mixed things about it.

      <3

      Delete
  3. I really must get myself a copy of The Hunger Pains. Looks super funny. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely IMM:D I have read Shiver ( must recap) as I have Linger and Forever sitting on my shelf and not opened yet, but they are signed by Maggie:D
    I think the Hunger Games Parody would be a fun read, oh the things they could write. I must get my butt to the movie!! Braiden has assured me it's a 9.5-10 out of 10!

    I have Under The Never Sky, must read it!! I am currently reading BZRK by Michael Grant..OMG!! can that man write!!!

    Have a great day!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can read Linger and then Forever. Linger was excellent. And I'm sooooo jealous that you have them signed. Lucky woman!
      Oh the movie was brilliant!! Definitely the best book-to-film adaption I've ever seen. Can't wait to see what you think Michelle!!

      I've never read any of this books although I want to read this Gone series. Have to get to them one day.

      Hugs and kisses <3 xx

      Delete
  5. I loved Supernaturally and Hereafter. I love Evie and Lend! Forever was good too. Sam and Grace are so adorable. I still need to read Under the Never Sky. Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to more Evie and Lend! I loved them so much in the first book :)
      I'll come and check out your IMM

      Delete
  6. EEEEEEEE! PRETTTY MAILBOX! Is that Forever in hardover? You finally got it? EEEEEEEEEE!
    OK, this is LAME, because I LOVED Shiver and Linger, but I've had Forever sitting at home since release, and I haven't TOUCHED it. Wha? I'm annoyed with myself.
    I also have Hereafter sitting at home, but I've not been able to start it :/
    ANYWAY! Happy reading! Awesome haul :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. That is Forever in hardcopy. It's so purdy. Haha. Yes. Got it. Finally.
      I'm kIndia the same. I have NO CLUE why I haven't gotten it soon. I've read and own all of Maggie's other books :/ Guess I'll get to it soon!
      I REALLY loved Hereafter. Tonnes of people disliked it but I thought it was brilliant. Cannot wait for the next book! Hope you read it soon Sarah! I'd love to hear what you think!

      Take care lovely!! <3 xx

      Delete
    2. Ooooh, you know what? I own Scorpio Races, and haven't read it either... I don't know why... after Shiver, she became a favorite... WEIRD.
      Oooh, seriously, if you liked Hereafter, I bet I will, too. You kind of have AMAZING TASTE IN THE READINGS XD

      Delete
    3. Maggie became a fave of mine after I read her Books of Faerie series--which is still my fave of hers to date. Haha. I bought and read Scorpio Races too before Forever which is odd. Guess I don't want the series to end XD
      I think you will. It's a haunting read and I really loved the characters.

      Delete
  7. I really, really want to read UNDER THE NEVER SKY! Need to get around to buying that... And I've never heard of THE HUNGER PAINS. Just looked it up. Um... I think I'm just gonna stick to the original series! At least I know I like that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna read it too! Looks so awesome. Hope I can get around to it soon. And I hope you get a copy :D
      Hehe. Well. I'm a tad nervous to go into Hunger Pains, but I'm game. I'll give it a go.

      Delete
  8. AAAAAAA RACHEL! Sorry I haven't been commenting on your blog lately. Been so busy with school and tests but I'm finally done so I can have more time for blogging! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog so many times! <3

    Under the Never Sky is one of my favourite 2012 reads and debut novel! I so hope you enjoy it. I AM SO HAPPY you got a review copy of Ondine too! Currently reading it and it's fun! Can't wait for your review!

    Anyway, happy reading! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo