Monday, March 5, 2012

In My Mailbox #30



Hello my lovelies!

Welcome to In My Mailbox!

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren where we can share the books we bought, borrowed or received throughout the week. For more info on just what it is and how to participate, head here.

I had an amazing week of books this week! Check out what I got :)


I Bought:
~A Mermaid's Ransom by Joey W. Hill
~Cinder by Marissa Meyer
~Afterlife by Claudia Gray
~The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter


Sooo. You've probably figured out by now that not buying books is pretty much impossible for me. If I don't buy one or two a week there's something seriously wrong with me. LOL. Cinder! Had to have this one and I've read it already, although I'm yet to review it. Oh, it was good. Want the next book. Now! I received a copy of Balthazar for review, so I know I had to get Afterlife, the only Evernight book I hadn't read. I love the Evernight series and have adored all the books in the series--this one was no exception. Yep. Read already. Too good. Same goes for The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter. YEEEE! The Lords of the Underworld is a PNR fave on mine and I had this on pre-order. Soooooo good. Love, love, loooved it! And I really enjoy Joey W. Hill's Daughters of Arianne books and A Mermaid's Ransom is the only one I haven't read so I'm happy to finally have a copy.



For Review:
From HarperCollins Australia....
~Balthazar by Claudia Gray
~Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
.....Thank-you so much Lara! You rock!

From Pan Macmillan Australia.....
~Winter's Light by M.J. Hearle
......Thank-you Charlotte! Honestly, you are a queen!!


SQUEEEEEE! Balthazar. Hallowed. Winter's Light! *dies*
This is it. The book every Evernight fan has been waiting for....Balthazar's story! *fangirls* Yes. I've read it already. Yes. It was good. Yes. I'm even more in love with him now than I was before! All I'm gonna say is this....Balty is one hot teacher. Only he could make tweed sexy!
And Hallowed. Yes! So happy to finally have a copy of this. I loved Unearthly and cannot wait for more. Come to mumma, Tucker!
As for Winter's Light, well the title says it all...it's Winter's freaking Light! After the ending of Winter's Shadow, the wait for this has been torture. Words cannot describe how much I love Charlotte for sending me an ARC of this early. I'm currently reading it and it's awesome!

That's what I got in my mailbox this week! So many awesome books
What did you get in yours? I'd love to know!

26 comments:

  1. Great book haul! I'm definitely looking forward to Winter's Light . . . loved the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved WINTER'S series, I hope youenjoy this, dying to read Winter's Light. Great haul

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it so far. Thanks Lalaine :)

      Delete
  3. I'm staring at the covers for Hallowed and Winter's Light trying to decide whose hair is redder. Definitely Winter I think.

    If you say the Evernight books are awesome then I shall read them next month to see it. (Hoping to get series finished/read next month.)

    Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Winters! It's more vibrant. And pretty......

      I liked them. Obviously, they're fairly traditional vampire stories, but they're nice, easy read if you want something fun.

      Delete
  4. I'm staring at the covers for Hallowed and Winter's Light trying to decide whose hair is redder. Definitely Winter I think.

    If you say the Evernight books are awesome then I shall read them next month to see it. (Hoping to get series finished/read next month.)

    Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double comment, huh B? Well, I did do the same last week so......<3

      Delete
  5. Great set! I loved Cinder. I can't wait to read Hallowed.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. Loved Cinder and eager to read Hallowed :)

      Delete
  6. EEEEEE! Amazing mailbox! Squee! You got CINDER! *grabby hands* want want want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, Cinder is AWESOME. You totally need to get, and read, a copy! <3

      Delete
  7. Hallowed!! I really liked it! And GOD I still haven't read my copy of Cinder! Great haul this week chicky! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinder is wonderful Giselle! I hope you get the chance to read it soon :)

      Delete
  8. Yay!! So glad you enjoyed Cinder! I am so eager to see what Marissa Meyer has in store for us next! Eeee! And Hallowed! Buahahaha hands off Tucker, thank you very much. That cowboy is MINE. Need to get my hands on that asap! Going to start Winter's Light shortly, if I can drag myself away from the computer :D Can't wait!

    HAPPY READING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. That ending *sobs* So evil. I want MORE. More Cinder. More Prince Kai. More awesomeness.
      Ha! Fine I'll let you have Tucker *grumbles* BUT I'll admire from afar ;)
      LOL! Hope you like it--I'm enjoying it so far. Eager to see what you think Brodie <3

      Delete
  9. What a nice looking haul! I will have to look some of these boos up, they sound good!

    Thanks for sharing!
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Dani! Hope you check some of these books out!

      Delete
  10. Great haul! Cinder wasn't bad at all and I'd LOVE to read Hallowed! Great haul and I'm following you!

    My IMM: http://nicoleslibrary.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Hallowed too--hope I can get to it soon.

      Thanks! I'm stop buy and return the favor ^_^

      Delete
  11. I can't wait to read Cinder, I've heard so many great things about it. Enjoy all your reads.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll enjoy Cinder, Melliane. It's a fun tale!

      Delete
  12. Eeee! I read Cinder this week too!! Can't wait to read your thoughts! I absolutely loved it!!
    Shame about the book-buying ban though but... you know... BOOKS!! :D

    And, you got some GREAT ones this week too, so I guess it all makes up for it! hehe.

    Hope you enjoy all your new reads (:

    Here's what I got in my mailbox this week!

    Faye (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Glad you loved it Faye! It was a fantastic book.
      Ha. Yeah. It doesn't really work with me. I love buying books too much ;)

      *races off to check your IMM*

      Delete
  13. I loved the Evernight series too. But it's time for Balthy to have his say. I hope I get Hallowed as I loved Unearthly. I keep looking at in Big W. Great IMM!!! And yes there is also that lovely WInter's Light!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo