Monday, October 16, 2017

Owl Post #195


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hello book lovers and welcome to another week's Owl Post! Hope you all had a great week in books :)
 
I Won:
 - Spellslinger by Sebastien de Castell 
- Shadowblack by Sebastien de Castell  
I was super stoked to win these two books from Allen and Unwin Teen's Facebook page! I've heard great things about them, but haven't had a chance to get copies or read them myself. Can't wait to dive into them. Oh, and these covers are just amazing!! 
 
 
I Bought:
- Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead 
I love Richelle Mead, but it's taken me a strangely long time to get a copy of this, but seriously, a HARDBACK for $8.50 and that included shipping--glad I waited!

- Circle of Fire by Keri Arthur 
My first buy for Sydney Author Event next year. Still six months away, but I figure it's best to get my reading started early. This will also be my first Keri Arthur novel. Anyone out there a fan of her books?

- Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton
- The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton
- The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Cole's Redemption by J.D. Tyler
- Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson  
- Undead and Uneasy by MaryJanice Davidson   
I LOOOOOVE getting myself some bargains from my local op- shops! Whether it's Vinnies, Salvos or Lifeline, I'm always on the lookout for secondhand books in great, practically new condition....and all these were only $1 EACH! 8 books for $8... I'm a happy girl, even if these are a bit of a mixed bunch and I'll have to get copies of some missing from the series, lol.

And that's me this week!
What did the owl's bring you? I'd love to hear!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo