Monday, November 9, 2015

Owl Post #75


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.

Hello lovelies and welcome to my first Owl Post for a while! I've got some fabulous books to share with you today :)

For Review:
From HarlequinTEEN:
- A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter
As a Gena Showalter fangirl, I LOVE everything she writes and this series is no exception, however it's taken me ages to get my hands on book three and finally read it. I was glad to have this fourth book in the series to dive into though. It was fantastic---review to come!

....Thank you Miranda!
____________________________

From Allen & Unwin:
- Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Eeep! I'm soooo excited to have my hands on this third and final book in the Starbound series! Love these books! Oh, and how stunning is that cover?!?!

....Thank you so much guys!
________________________

From Scholastic Australia:
- Unbecoming by Jenny Downham
This book sounds interesting, even if it's not my normal kind of read. Maybe one day I'll get to it!

....Thanks guys!
____________________________

From Bloomsbury:
- Signs Point to Yes by Sandy Hall
I hadn't heard of this book before I received a copy, but it does sound cute and I may try to work this into my reading schedule sooner rather than later!

.....Thank you guys!

I Bought:
- Teardrop by Lauren Kate
- Waterfall by Lauren Kate
So far I've only read Lauren Kate's first novel Fallen, but I am a sucker for bargains and pretty covers. $6 each--too good to pass up!

- Rise by Anna Carey
Another bargain that I couldn't pass up. Now I own books 2 and 3 and just need to get the first one :)

- Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis
I've had this book on my TBR Goodreads list for soooooo long. Never see a copy anywhere in Australia before I saw this in my favourite bargain book shop near where I live.

- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- The New Hunger by Isaac Marion
I really enjoyed the movie mad of this book and have had the book on my TBR list ever since. Finally got a copy at the bargain price of $6. Plus I found the prequel for the same cost too. Score!


- The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter
After being sent a copy of A Mad Zombie Party I knew I had to get myself a copy of this one first. I've already read both and loved them. Gena rocks!

- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Pan Macmillan Australia sent me a copy of the second book in this series a few weeks back, but I'm yet to read Trial by Fire. I made sure I got myself a copy though--it looks really good and I'm looking forward to reading it!

- Reawakened by Colleen Houck
Though I haven't read Colleen Houck's widely popular and successful Tiga Saga, I am SUPER excited to read this one! I love all this Ancient Egypt and think this just sounds like the bees knees!!


And that's me! Lots of goodies :)
What have you recieved or bought yourself lately?

 

1 comment:

  1. Love it when you get books you are looking forward to. The Gena Showalter book is going to be amazing.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo