Monday, June 26, 2017

Owl Post #124


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hello book lovers and welcome to another Owl Post. Hope you've all been reading some great books!

For Review:
 From HarlequinTEEN:
-   The Black Witch by Laurie Forest
I'm really excited to read The Black Witch. I think it sounds so fantastic. I couldn't believe how big of a book it was though--a whopping 600 pages! Hopefully it's good as I have high hopes for it :)
 
All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis
Admittedly I hadn't heard of All Rights Reserved before I recieved this in the mail, but having read up on it, I must admit it sounds quite promising...and very unique. I enjoy reading something a bit different, so I'm keen to see what this one is like.

...Thank you Vanessa!
______________________________
From Bloomsbury:
The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein  
I'm honestly not sure about this novel. It's not something I would ordinarily choose, but you never know...I may give it a go one day.

Break Me Like a Promise by Tiffany Schmidt
Yay! I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Hold Me Like a Breath and I'm so excited to be able to read book two! Can't wait to once again become a part of this odd, but alluring world!

......Thank you guys!

I Bought:
Trickery by Jaymin Eve & Jane Washington
- Persuasion by Jaymin Eve & Jane Washington 
I've really enjoyed the books I've read by Jaymin Eve in the past and was stoked to see Jane Washington at Supanova Sydney last weekend. Gave me the opportunity to snag myself copies of these beauties! Can't wait to read them. 
 
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness 
I know Patrick Ness has been really popular lately, but I haven't had a chance to read any of his books to date. So when I saw this hardback in my local QBD bookstore, I couldn't miss out on a copy. Hope to get to it one day.

The Darkest Promise by Gena Showalter
Gena Showalter is probably my FAVOURITE author ever and I LOVE her Lords of the Underworld series. I still need to read the previous book, but Cameo and Lazarus's story is the one I've been dying for so I totally bought a copy of this as soon as I saw it so I can read it as soon as I can. 

And that's me! 
What did the owls bring YOU?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. A lot of great looking books this week. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO JEALOUS THAT YOU HAVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED!!! They talked about it at TeenCon (I think) and I recall being so so intrigued by the concept, and that cover is really cool! Just the details... I'll be waiting to hear what you thought of it. Wow, The Black Witch is massive at 600 pages!! :O Hope you end up liking it!

    The Pearl Thief seems to be part of the Code Name Verity books! I still haven't read those books but I have heard a lot of great things about Wein's writing and about her books. <3 Hope you do give it a try sometime. Great haul!

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo