Friday, December 9, 2016

Aussie YA Bloggers Secret Santa Blog Hop 2016

 
This year, I'm taking part in the Aussie YA Bloggers' Secret Santa! This is my first time participating, so I'm excited to join on all the fun. Today I'm sharing my post in the blog hop :)

1. What are your top 5 favourite books this year?

2. What are your top 5 favourite Aussie YA books this year?
It wasn't until I started to answer this question that I realized how many books by Aussie authors I had read this year. It was hard to narrow it down, but here are my faves:
 3. How did you go with your Goodreads challenge?
I actually went really good. I always aim for 100 books in a year and I'm currently at 143 books so far. I'm hoping to reach the 150 mark by years end. You can see a complete list of the books I've read here.


4. What is your favourite blogging moment of 2016?
I've had such great times throughout 2016, but I had an absolute blast at the Sydney Author Event this year. So many authors gathered in one place at one time is a blogger and book lovers dream and this event didn't disappoint. I got to meet Nalini Singh and Christina Lauren--two of my fave authors!


5. What are your blogging goals for 2017?
The same one I say every year....be more active, post more unique content--that kind of stuff. I'm generally pretty frequent with my blog, normally one post a day but I want to find more time to be active on other peoples blogs.

6. What books are you looking forward to in 2017?
There is waaaay too many to name, but a picture is worth a thousand words right.....



7. What is your favourite thing about the Aussie YA community?
The fact they seem to be as passionate about books as me. People in real life (AKA outside the internet) don't always seem to understand why you love, adore and worship books as much as you do, but you can almost guarantee the other bloggers will totally get why your heart is broken after a book finishes, you've fallen in love with a character or are dying for a new book to come out. And think you're still totally sane.....

Leave 3 clues for your santee below!

1. You're a writer as well as a reader.
2. You have a lot of beautiful pictures on your blog.
3. You seem very wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh is your Santee me? And great post! I've got WMMM out from the library at the moment =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss I really enjoyed Lady Helen unexpectedly! I loved When Michael Met Mina, such an important read. You ahve done REALLY well with your GR goal! So many amazing books are being released next year, but can I just say that Draekora cover is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg you kicked your GR goal's ass! Woohoo! And I know right...I found it so hard to narrow my anticipated list too but you pretty much have most of mine summed up. Here's to an awesome 2017 :)

    Joy @ Thoughts By J

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo