Monday, November 4, 2013

Owl Post #22


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Welcome to another Owl Post! Let's see what I got this week.....
 
 
For Review:
 
 
From Scholastic Australia.....
 
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
I received this really beautiful hardback copy of The Dream Thieves but I'm yet to get a copy of the first book, The Raven Boys. I love Maggie Stiefvater, so I'm gonna have to change that soon!
 
- The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher
This book sounds quite different--in a good way--and I'm looking forward to reading it eventually.
 
....Thank you SO MUCH Scholastic!
 
 
I Bought:
 
 
- Finding It by Cora Carmack
I'm such a fan of the Losing It series by Cora Carmack that I HAD to have the 3rd book ASAP....so much so that I accidently pre-order it twice and then didn't notice until both books were already in the mail o_O Oops. Oh well. Guess I'll have to give one away.
 
Aussies: If you've read the series and don't have book #3 yet, email me your address and I'll send you over a copy of Finding It!
 
- Keeping Her by Cora Carmack
Eeeep! Novella about Garrick and Bliss?!? Hell yes. Me had to have....and loved! Yes. It's been read already. Oh, and sure it's a novella but I still had to have it in paperback/physical form! Love it!
 
- Deadlands by Lily Herne
I bought this on a whim a couple weeks back (finally found it hiding on my shelf and realized I'd never showcased it) because I thought it sounded alright and I'm a fan of zombie/dystopian tales.
 
 
That's me this week!
I would love to know what you received?
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The Raven Boys! You should get your hands on it soon so you can read both books. As for Finding It, I can't wait to pick it up. Hilarious, you preordering twice :P

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO nice! Awww I hope I get the copy of Dream Thieves ages back Scholastic did say they would . But we will see. If not hit the library :D Enjoy your books!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo