Monday, August 27, 2012

Owl Post #2


Welcome to this week's Owl Post!

Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and recieve mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.

So the owls have been a little lazy lately, not dropping books off for weeks and then all of a sudden.....Oh, alright. That's a fib, basically I've been too lazy to do a post. Happy? LOL.
Things have been bonkers at home recently and whenever I think I'll write an Owl Post I kinda don't. Forgive me?

Anyway, here are the books I've gotten recently.......


For Review:
 
 
From Allen & Unwin.....
-Witch by Fiona Horne
Hadn't heard of this one until it turned up on my doorstep. Looks like a nice, quick read.
 
.....Thank you!
 
 
From HarperCollins Australia.....
-I, Wolf by Matt Boyd
The first thing that struck me about this book was it's cover. It's so cool. Read this one already and wasn't too bad.
 
-Arise by Tara Hudson
Tara's debut Hereafter was a favourite of mine when it was first released and I've been eagerly awaiting it's follow up Arise for what seems like forever. Cannot wait to read this! And how purdy is that cover?!?!
 
This book sounds amazing!! Cannot wait to dive into it. I must say I'm not a massive Melissa Marr fan, but this book just sounds too good to resist. And it came with a fun mask too. Totally cool!
 
......Thank you Eve!
 
 
From Simon & Schuster.....
-Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson
*can't breathe* Gaaaaaahhhhh. Omg, omg, omg. Losing Lila! *so happy* So thrilled to have this. Alex. Alex. Alex. I want some Alex. And Lila. And Jack. And Suki. And Nate.....well you get the picture. Basically, I cannot wait to start this book!
 
-Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.
Again, another book I hadn't heard of until it turned up on my doorstep, but since then I'd done my research and boy....do people love this book! Everyone's raving about it and me thinkie I may have to bump it up my to-read list a notch! Oh. And that cover's just trey awesome.
 
.....Thank you Caroline--you're a goddess!
 
 
From Bloomsbury Australia....
-Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Read the cover peeps....Throne. Of. Glass. Throne of Glass, people. This book has been one I've wanted to get my [greedy] little hands on since I read the descriptions ohhhhh so long ago. Basically, it's a fight, not to walk over to my shelf and start reading it right now. This....looks....EPIC!
 
......Thank you guys!
 
 
-Blood Storm by Rhiannon Hart  
Oh my goodness. Blood Storm. As in sequel to Blood Song, as in more RODDEN!! Why is it I'm not reading this right now?!?! I want to believe me I want to. SOOOOOOO Looking forward to this one. The first book was ah-mazing.
 
....Thank you Dorothy--You're a legend!
 
 
From HarlequinTEEN Australia......
-Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter.
Here's a really important fact you should know about me....I am 100% a Gena Showalter fangirl. Like totally. Embassingly so. As in, if she toured Oz I'd camp out in the rain/outside hotels kind of fangirl. Well, maybe not that far. I'm not that creepy, but I seriously adore every Showalter book I've picked up, and I've read a fair few. So to say I was practically dancing on the ceiling when this arrived would be an undertstatemeant. I devoured it in one go (review to come). And how good was it?!?! Anyone who's read this already will know what I mean. It's not even released yet and I'm already counting the days down until book #2.
 
-Legacy by Cayla Kluver
I believe I mentioned in my last post that I received the sequel to this for review, but hadn't had a chance to read the third. Well, lucky for me the amazing publicist over at HarlequinTEEN Australia was able to find me an old ARC! So now I can read this one!
 
....So thank you so much Polina--I seriously heart you!
 
 
I Bought:
 
 
-Sweep: Volume 4 by Cate Tiernan
This is actually one of my all time fave witch series. I seriously love it. I'm making my way through it real slow. Every few months I'll buy the next volume, and I decided recently I needed by Morgan and Hunter *cough* *cough* hit.
 
-Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Onyx! Onyx! Onyx! Daemon! Daemon! Daemon! Oh. Wow. Did I really write that? Basically, that's the chant that's been working it's way over and over through my head since I finished this book. *SQUEEEEE* Onyx. Was so good. As good as or better than Obsidian. Now I NEED Opal and my life will be complete ;)
 
-Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter
-Savor Me Slowly By Gena Showalter
-Red Handed by Gena Showalter
I did mention I was a Gena Showalter fangirl right? Good, because after the brilliance of Alice in Zombieland I decided I wasn't getting enough Gena in my diet. So I went out and bought her entire Alien Huntress Series and the first YA Alien Huntress series to fix that. These are more or less the only Showalter books I haven't read (aside from a few stand alones that I will get to one day) so I'm really excited to finally read this series!
 
 
 
I Recieved:
 
 
The ever lovely to talk to Kiki Hamilton was kind enough to send me some signed swag to celebrate her second book The Torn Wing's release! Kiki is just a gem and while I haven't had a chance to read her books yet (I have the paperback copy of The Faerie Ring on pre-order!) I love stalking---err visiting Kiki's blog cos she's just that awesome!  THANK YOU SO MUCH KIKI <3
 
 
 
Phew! Well that's me for now!
Tell me what the owls dropped off in YOUR mailbox this week!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    Great books. I haven't read Obsidian but I have it on my 'tbr' list.

    Ali @Treasured Tales for Young Adults. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obsidian is amazing Alishia!! And this is coming from someone who didn't think she'd like it. You should definitely see if you can read it soon.
      You won't regret it!

      Delete
  2. OMG! FINALLY someone who loves sweep! YOU HAVE NO IDEA how much I love this series. Morgan and Hunter are freaking PERFECT <3 I love them so much! I actually read this series almost 5 or 6 years ago and I now am buying all the volumes. Funny, the one i'm missing is the one you bought! (sorry for the rambling about sweep!)

    Onyx was awesome!! and I really want to read throne of glass and alice in zombieland!

    GREAT books!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. YES! I love the Sweep books. Even though I've read a few witch books by now, these are some of my fave. And now many people have read the series either! So it's GREAT to meet a fan Juhina!

      Alice in Zombieland is amazing. Love, love, love it. Haven't had a chance to read Throne of Glass yet but I'm looking forward to it :)

      Delete
  3. Carnival of Souls!!! Cannot WAIT for that. The Wicked Lovely was great, so I'm really eager to see what Melissa has up her sleeve next.

    OMG LOSING LILA. YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE IT. It's my FAVOURITE Alderson novel thus far. The action. The swoon. The edge-of-your-seat-intensity... gah <3 AND THERE'S A NAKED ALEX IN THERE.

    Blood Storm? Not even going to comment. THE ENDING. MY EMOTIONS. AKSJFDFDFDF.

    Eeee, so glad you loved Alice in Zombieland! It was my first Showalter novel and hell, I'm a total fangirl.

    Clearly the owls have been showing unfair favouritism to you lately. I think I need to write a complaint to the Ministry of Magic. Or just convince a few rogue owls to go and steal all your incredible books and deliver them to me :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed I'll like Carinval of Souls. I not a real fan of Melissa's other books.

      I think Losing Lila will have to be my next read. I simply can't put off reading it anymore. Too awesome and too tempting! <3 Sarah Alderson.

      *sobs* That ending. Way to break a girls heart. And I'm not even talking about Zeraphina here..... wahhhhh.

      Gena Showalter= <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Love this woman and her writing! You should totally check out some of her other books Brods. They're amazing :)

      Hehe. Yeah. The owls have been pretty kind to me lately. Guess that like me ;)

      Delete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo