Saturday, January 5, 2019

Bookish New Year Resolutions for 2019

I don't know about you, but every year I make New Years resolutions and pretty much every year I fail to keep them. But this year I'm determined to see them through, especially some bookish inspired ones I'm hoping to keep......
_________________


1. Read More
I know this may seem ridiculous as I do a lot of reading, but I really want to read more. I've been watching a lot of tv and dvd's lately and I feel my book TBR shelf is feeling it, so for 2019 I plan to read more. Which takes me to my second resolution....

2. Read More...FOR ME
I have sooooooo many amazing sounding novels that I have accumulated over the years (yes, years) and while I appreciate each and every review novel I receive, I'm determined to make some time for me in 2019 and the books I've bought for myself. Books like The Selection series, The Bone Season, Carnival, The Illuminae Files, The Diabolic, the Talon series, Daughter of the Pirate King, the last four Throne of Glass books and the final two Court of Thorns and Roses, Muse of Nightmares, Rick Riordan's most recent five or so books, I could go on and on.



3. Buy Less...AKA Book Buying Ban
I know, I know. I say this to myself ALL the time, but aside from the latest releases in series and MUST haves, I really want to curb by book buying this year. Honestly, I have more than 1000 (and trust me, I counted each and every one) physical books sitting on my shelves that are NOT READ and I know I will only continue to buy more if I don't do something. As a hoarder who believes in "some day" I have a habit of collecting series so that when I do decide to read the series, I have all the books. And that ends today!


4. Be More Creative On The Blog
I've recently found myself in a bit of a rut and this has transferred over to my blog and its content. 2018 wasn't an easy year for me for reasons I will keep to myself, but 2019 promises to be different, so starting now I hope to be more creative with my posts. This includes new features and promo posts as well as more author interviews and giveaways (I have a LOT of signed swag and books that I have collected over the years) and I plan to start un-hauling it this year :) Keep an eye out!

5. Be More Active
In addition to the blogging rut I found myself in towards the end of 2018 which has effected by interactions with the bloggosphere and those who inhabit it, I also found myself loosing interest in participating and posting on Instagram and Facebook and Twitter. I adore chatting about all things bookish and the books and authors I adore and hope to get that passion back in 2019!

Here's to 2019 being a great year!
Do you have any new years resolutions, bookish or otherwise?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo