Monday, May 21, 2018

Owl Post #205


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hi book lovers and welcome to my first Owl Post in a while!

Moving really has thrown me through a loop and these probably aren't ALL the books I received or bought but they're the only ones I can think of off the top of my head LOL.
 
For Review:
 From Allen & Unwin:
- Allied by Amy Tintera 
Allied is the final book in the Ruined series and I LOVED IT. Review to come. Such a brilliant ending to a superb series.  
 
....Thank you so much guys!
____________________________________
 
From Hot Key Books:
To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
I'm really looking forward to reading this novel. Mermaid/siren novels seem to be growing in popularity in recent times and I've certainly enjoyed the ones I've read in the past so I have a lot of hope for To Kill a Kingdom :)
 
....Thanks guys!
 _____________________________
 
From Scholastic Australia: 
- Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter 
Ally Carter's latest release! Keen to read this one--she writes enjoyable and fun contemporary.  
 
- The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner 
This is the first novel in James Dashner's The 13th Reality series. I must say I love his Maze Runner series, but I'm wondering if this might be too young for me?? We'll see though. 

....Thank you so much!
________________________________

From Penguin Random House:
- True Blue by Sasha Wasley 
I LOVED the first novel in this series--Dear Banjo--and am super excited to read this second one! It's not shown, but the book also came with an adorable little easel for reviewers to express themselves in celebration of main character Free's passion for painting; such an adorable idea!

...Thanks so much Ali and Sasha!

I Bought:
- Rebel Heart by Moira Young 
Confession? I haven't actually read any of the Dust Lands trilogy, but I now own all three ;) Can't help buying them when they're on sale. 

- From the Earth to the Shadows by Amanda Hocking 
I'm a real Amanda Hocking fan and even though I'm still yet to read book #1, I had to have this pretty sequel for when I eventually begin the series. It's so pretty!

- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
One of my book-ish resolutions for 2018 is to catch up on my Sarah J. Maas reading; I've only read up to book 3 of Throne of Glass and the first A Court of Thorns and Roses book. I own them all; I now just need to find the time to read them!

- Nineteen Letters by Jodi Perry
 Nineteen Letters was one of my favourite reads of 2017 so I'm thrilled I finally got around to getting a paperback copy for my collection. This is such a brilliant read. 5/5 stars!

- The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross 
I really love the sound of this novel--it was actually one of my WOW's last year  and when I say this hardback on sale, I had to have it. It's sooooo pretty.

What books have the owls brought you recently?


1 comment:

  1. You should read Sarah J. Maas books first, I enjoyed them a lot!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo