Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Shelf: Sweep: Volume 3 (Sweep #7-9) by Cate Tiernan


Morgan Rowlands holds profound magickal power. . . a power that some will stop at nothing to obtain. Though she knows she has much still to learn, magick has brought her more than she could ever have imagined: the love of her soul mate. Yet her dreams uncover something else - a dark force threatening her entire world. As the darkness closes in, Morgan realizes that she must make a choice - light or dark; hatred or love. Is she strong enough to make the sacrifice and discover her true nature, or will the darkness consume all she holds dear?

Blurb from Goodreads....


Review:

This series has been a secret fave of mine for a long time. I tend to read the series sporadically, and every now and then when I can bother to get a new book, I seem to enjoy it so much that I can’t put it down until I’m finished. There’s nothing exceptional about the writing; in fact it’s very simple, but I love the story and the characters every time I pick one of the books up. Cate Tiernan writes in a way that allows you to get into the characters heads and I really feel what they’re feeling when I read one of these books.

I really enjoy reading about Morgan. She’s so flawed as a character and always seems to face massive hardships and things that no one her age should really have to. And yet she manages to hang in there each and every time and manage to come out on top. Morgan often makes mistakes, but she learns from them each time. She’s brave and yet vulnerable at the same time. She’s a powerful witch but inexperienced and is often in situations that are out of her hands and difficult for her to deal with. She continues to grow so much and learn both who she is as a person and who she is as a witch. It’s nice seeing a character slowly come into their own as they find their feet, however things are never simple for Morgan as so many things happen that constantly threaten to tear her world apart.

Alrightie, so I love Hunter---but that really shouldn’t come as a surprise. Hunter’s one of those male leads that simply make you swoon and you can’t help but love. I really feel the connection between him and Morgan and the moments when they’re together and interact are so sweet and deep. The relationship between the two of them is so intense and passionate and I love it. It’s so enjoyable to read about and it doesn’t ever seem like their relationship has fizzled out now that they’re a couple and we’re not just seeing the tension we saw before they got together. They truly are soul mates and it comes across with each moment they’re with the other.

One of the things I love about reading the bind ups is that each book seems to end with a cliff-hanger of some sorts and with the bind up I can go straight into the next book without having to be distraught that a certain character has broken up with Hunter---ahhh, I mean another character.
I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the series and recommend this series for anyone who loves witches or an intense, action packed, romantic tale.....

Rating:
Source: I bought
Format: Paperback
Recommend: Yes
Recommend borrow or buy: Buy
Cover: I don't mind it. It has that authentic, old look to it.
Read sequel/continue with series: Oh, yes!

Buy it here:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo